In this sense JPI Urban Europe fosters not only an alignment of research programmes and strategies but provides an environment for bottom-up driven engagement of various urban actors.
Becoming a full member of JPI Urban Europe requires an application of a governmental body responsible for urban research and innovation (ministry, research funding agencies, research council). Candidate members can download the PDF on JPI Urban Europe Membership. Besides this formal participation there are various opportunities for interested parties to join in specific activities or actions. The main offers are given below.
For research organisations
- Join call for proposals which JPI Urban Europe issues annually. Depending on the countries participating in the joint calls, the related research community is invited to develop proposals with cities, business and other urban stakeholders. Learn more
- Join the Urban Europe Research Alliance (UERA) which is an alliance of research performing organisations, universities or applied research organisations dealing with urban research and innovation. Learn more
- Join our conferences, workshops and other events. Research organisations are regularly invited to bring in their latest results, contribute to strategic debates on pressing urban matters and connect to other urban stakeholders for joint implementation activities. Learn more
For urban stakeholders, municipalities, business, societal organisations, policy makers
- Join the JPI Urban Europe Agora. To facilitate a multi-stakeholder debate on urban sustainability and urban transition a transnational platform is being set up allowing various urban actors to contribute to the strategic development of JPI Urban Europe, exchange on latest experiences and strategies and identify possible cooperation opportunities. Learn more
- Join call for proposals which JPI Urban Europe issues annually. Depending on the countries participating in the joint calls, the related urban community is invited to team up with researchers to submit research and innovation projects. Learn more
- Join our conferences, webinars and workshops to exchange with other experts on transnational level, learn about new experiences and solutions, gain benefits from scientific evidence for your urban transition pathways. Learn more
For funding agencies: Funding Agencies Working Group
More than 25 funding agencies are currently active in the Funding Agencies Working Group (FAWG), exchanging on urban research and innovation programmes, implementing joint calls and designing a transnational framework for urban research and innovation. Even without a formal membership funding agencies are highly welcome to join the working group.
JPI Urban Europe newsletters and news alerts
To stay informed please subscribe to our JPI Urban Europe newsletters and news alerts
You can join our events and follow the developments in all our activities (e.g. Projects and Calls) via our newsletters and news alerts. By subscribing to our newsletter you can tick your specific fields of interest on the form. Subscribe to our newsletter below.
And of course you can follow us on Twitter