Upcoming key dates
Thursday 12 April 2018 Registration deadline
Registration: Consortium Overview Sheet Details in the call text about registration and the use of eCall.
Wednesday 20 June 2018 Submission deadline full proposals
Update of Call Documents (March 14, 2018)
As it is not to possible for Chinese partners to register in eCall, we have made updates in the call text (see page 18 and page 20) and the related documents.
The new regulation for the submission is:
– The European coordinator has to register and submit a proposal by means of the FFG electronic submission system eCall. An online help document for submission is provided here.
– The registration and full proposal may only be submitted if all European partners have previously completed and submitted their partner proposals in eCall. Therefore it is within the main applicant’s duties to ensure timely submission of all partner proposals and of the registration (“short application”) and full proposal as a whole.
– Chinese parties submit a Chinese version to the NSFC system, with the English version attached. NB: This only applies to the proposal, for the registration on April 12 this is not necessary.
Download the Q&A (PDF)
It has been decided that the recording of the webinar will not be published. The questions in the Q&A during the webinar can be found in the Q&A PDF above.
In answer to the global urbanisation challenge, NSFC and JPI Urban Europe have agreed to a long-term cooperation under the strategic theme Sustainable Urbanisation in the Context of Economic Transformation and Climate Change. The pilot call is a joint initiative of nine European funding agencies participating in JPI Urban Europe and NSFC in China.
In the call the following three thematic themes will be addressed: a) Reduce the adverse environmental impact of cities, paying special attention to the quality of air, water and soil, and municipal and other waste management; b) Access to safe, affordable, and sustainable housing, transportation and basic services; and c) Integrated policies towards inclusion, resource efficiency, mitigation and adaptation to climate change and resilience to disasters.
The call invites researchers from Chinese and European universities, research institutes, research and technology organisations (including municipal research institutes), cities and city planning departments, as well as European companies.
The total funding available in this programme is approximately M€ 9.35 on the European side, across the participating European funding agencies. NSFC will fund the Chinese part of all projects.
The call topics
1. Climate change and new urban economies
2. Transformation of energy systems and strengthen urban circular economies
3. Urban public administration and services innovation
4. Urban data management
Information about the call on NSFC’s web page (in Chinese)
The call on WeChat (in Chinese)
This is how the online matchmaking works
1. Register and create a profile by click on “Register now” in the upper right corner:
NB: make sure to write your e-mail and/or telephone number in the description
2. Find a possible partner to discuss the possibilities to form a consortium that can submit a proposal.
Participants can choose a time-slot when accepting a meeting and know immediately when it will take place.
NB: Registration until April 12, 2018
Partner search – find a partner for your consortium
Partner search forms
Registration and submission of a full proposal must be done by means of the FFG electronic submission system eCall. The registration and full proposal may only be submitted if all partners have previously completed and submitted their partner proposals in eCall.
If you have questions on the general call process and proposal submission, please contact the Call Secretariat:
LI Wencong, NSFC
Tel. +86 10 6232 7014
Berry Bonenkamp, NWO
Tel. +31 70 34 94 416
Carolien Maas-van der Geest, NWO
Telephone: +31 70 34 40 511
National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), China
Austrian Research Promotion Agency (FFG), Austria
Fonds de la Recherche Scientifique (F.R.S.-FNRS), Belgium
Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR), France
Ministry of Education and Science (IZM), Latvia
Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO), The Netherlands
The Research Council of Norway (RCN), Norway
National Science Centre (NCN), Poland
Swedish Energy Agency (SWEA), Sweden
Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), United Kingdom