JPI Urban Europe welcomes all currently running JPI Urban Europe projects to a cross-call projects meeting and combined ENSUF Final Event. The meeting is for projects and stakeholders in the following calls:
- Sustainable and Liveable Cities and Urban Areas
- Making Cities Work
- Sustainable Urbanisation Global Initiative (SUGI)/Food-Water-Energy Nexus
- ERA-NET Cofund Smart Urban Futures Call (ENSUF)
When? 29 September, 10.00- 16.00 (CEST)
Where? Via Zoom (meeting link to be provided to registrants one week prior to the event)
For whom? All currently running JPI Urban Europe projects and involved Funding Agencies across calls
Why? The aim of the meeting is to exchange knowledge, discuss how (expected) results can best create impact in cities, work on projects impact and find partners for future activities. The ERA-NET Cofund Smart Urban Futures (ENSUF) projects has run between 2017-2020 and the Projects Meeting marks their Final Event. It is a good opportunity to learn from finalised projects and for projects across different calls, and at different stages, to exchange experiences.
If your are part of an ongoing JPI Urban Europe supported project, you should have received an invitation via e-mail. Please share the invitation with your consortium partners and jointly agree on up to five participants from your ENSUF project, or up to three representatives if your project is part of another call than ENSUF, to join the event. Participation of at least one representative of a city/municipal partner or other stakeholder (NGO/business) is highly recommended. The event is mandatory for ENSUF projects.
Are you a funding agency or representative from a city, business or NGO related to one of the calls? This event is an opportunity to learn in-depth how results can be applied and exchange in impact-focused workshops where research and innovation meet. How can stakeholders and projects make use of project results on an aggregated and synthesized level?
- Moderator Mari Sollerod, Chair of JPI Urban Europe’s Governing Board and Margit Noll, Chair of JPI Urban Europe Management Board wishes everyone welcome to the event
- Warm-up exercises and kick-off
Official Launch of the ENSUF Project Results Catalogue
- Hear the most striking call monitoring results
- See the highlights from the project’s results
- Learn what is next: Steps towards Smart Urban Futures synthesis
10.30 – 11.00:
ENSUF Project Result Pitches
- Meet some of the ENSUF projects and hear them pitch their results and impact highlights
Panel discussion: What can be the ENSUF legacy for smart urban futures?
– Matthew Bach, Officer, Governance & Social Innovation, ICLEI (Local Governments for Sustainability)
– Alexandru Padurean, Policy Officer, European Commission
– Margit Noll, Chair of the JPI Urban Europe Management Board
– Jonas Bylund, Research- and Innovation Officer in JPI Urban Europe Management Board
Break-out groups: Meet and Greet across projects and calls
11.40- 12.00: Break (20 min)
Communication keynote and workshops
- Inspiring keynote by renowned communications expert Kristoffer Gunnartz
- Exercises and exchanges in breakout groups: Communicating the urban complexity- capacity, motivation, stories
13.00- 14.00: Lunch (1 h)
14.00 – 15.15:
Impact creation workshops between projects
- Learn the urban stories from JPI Urban Europe supported projects
- Get training in storytelling, target groups and impact creation together with other projects
15.15 – 15.30: Break (15 min)
15.30 – 16.00:
Looking ahead and stepping up the game
- Hear about the upcoming opportunities to engage in JPI Urban Europe activities and funding schemes
- “Calls come and go- Urban partnerships are forever…”: Hear the latest about the development of the long-term “Driving Urban Transitions to a Sustainable Future” (DUT) program
- End of official program
Optional Meet and Greet with national funding agencies
- Wish to meet the funding agencies in your country and call? Join these breakout groups!
Recommended preparations for registrants
» Are you an ENSUF project and wish to pitch your results during the event? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org before 18 Sep for instructions.
» Read the ENSUF result interviews on the JPI Urban Europe web!
» Did you know that several JPI Urban Europe projects have made videos? Find them here!
» Do you want us to promote your project findings and progress? Tag @jpiurbaneurope on social media.
» We are trying out Slack! You can join the channel named “Project’s Meeting 2020” for self-organised exchange and chat before and after the event.
A meeting link will be provided to all registrants prior to the event.
- Contact point for the projects meeting and ENSUF final event: email@example.com
- Contact the ENSUF call secretariat
- Contact pages for all calls
- General concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org
In partnership with the 9th European Conference on Sustainable Cities and Towns
JPI Urban Europe Projects Meeting 2020 is organised back-to-back with the 9th European Conference on Sustainable Cities and Towns (running 30 Sep-2 Oct), hosted with ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability and the City of Mannheim,. The conference is a perfect opportunity to display your project findings and exchange with local and regional leaders, European and international institutions and more people working on cutting edge research, businesses and civil society. JPI Urban Europe will have a booth/chat room at the conference, as well as host a training session on Urban Living Labs. You are welcome and encouraged to participate in the conference. You can register to the ICLEI conference here.