Are your in a SUGI Nexus funded project or one of the funding agencies behind the call? Are you involved in other JPI Urban Europe projects, and interested in the food-water-energy nexus? Register for the SUGI FWE Nexus final event, taking place online 22- 23 March 2022! Read this page to explore the details and the instructions for preparations together with your consortium.
The Sustainable Urbanisation Global Initiative (SUGI)/Food-Water-Energy Nexus is coming to an end in 2021 and most of the 15 projects have already finalized or will do so during spring. It is time to come together for the final event!
Purpose: SUGI projects will present their most important results and together with interested parties we will take the first steps towards describing and defining the legacy of SUGI FWE Nexus. Projects will have time to deep-dive into concerns of their preference, and work together prior to the event.
For whom: SUGI projects are encouraged to send 3 – 5 representatives per project. Involved funding agencies and stakeholders from cities and business are also invited and given the opportunity to learn about results and outcomes from the projects. Partners from other Urban Europe calls with a particular interest in FWE Nexus topics are also welcome to join the event on the first day.
Registration: Open now (scroll down). Last day to sign up to present project results and co-create the event is January 17.
Draft program (can be subject to change)
Day 1: 22nd March 2022, 13.00 – 16.00 UCT
13.00 Welcome and introduction
13.20 SUGI FWE Project results
- Embedding the SUGI FWE Nexus projects in a policy context
- 8-10 projects present their most important results and expected impacts in short 3 minutes’ presentations
- Feedback from Expert Committee on Innovation and Impact Delivery
14.30 Break-out sessions exploring SUGI Nexus project results
- Moderated break-out sessions with 10 mins’ presentations from three SUGI Nexus projects followed by questions and discussions
15.30 Panel discussion: What can be the SUGI legacy for urban transition?
- Representatives from JPI Urban Europe, Belmont Forum, European Commission and other relevant organisations
16.00 End of first day
Day 2: 23rd March 2022, 13.00 – 16.00 UCT
13.00 Plenary session with sensemaking
13.15 Synthesis across projects
- Breakout sessions prepared and led by members from 2-3 SUGI FWE projects. The aim of these sessions are to provide a space for projects to share insights and take first steps to define key messages and insights to form the SUGI Nexus legacy.
14.30 Shaping the SUGI Nexus legacy
- Interactive and moderated break-sessions using MURAL/CONCEPT board to shape key insights and take aways from SUGI Nexus projects and the initiative
15.10 Looking ahead
- Remaining activities in the final SUGI Nexus year
- Future funding opportunities
15.25 Joint reflections on the SUGI Nexus initiative
- Interactive session using MENTI where the SUGI implementation team and projects together reflect over the SUGI NEXUS initiative
15.50 Wrapping up SUGI projects’ final event
16.00 Optional meet and greet with the funding agencies