Addressing the challenges in urban areas are crucial to solve the overarching grand societal and planetary challenges in the contemporary world. While goals and strategies, such as Agenda 2030 and its Sustainable Development Goals are global ambitions, enhancing sustainability and liveability on local urban scale is key. This workshop aims at developing visions on sustainable and liveable urban areas in Africa, discuss the pathways to make those visions a reality and how international cooperation can support local urban transitions.
JPI Urban Europe and START invite you to this workshop to bring in your perspectives, experiences and knowledge on sustainable and liveable urban areas. The aim is to identify critical fields for action on urban transitions which have the potential to be addressed jointly. Your participation and input will help shaping international outreach activities of the Driving Urban Transitions Partnership to Africa, will be used for organise upcoming activities and as a basis for discussions with funding agencies, ministries and other (funding) organisations for cooperation opportunities.
Aim of Workshop
- Identify the most pressing issues, challenges and dilemmas connected to the three pillars of Driving Urban Transitions in African countries
- Identify access points to jointly address those issues, challenges and dilemmas in cooperation schemes
- Exchange on opportunities for international stakeholders to continue the dialogue and engage in the partnership
What you can expect from the workshop?
- Exchange with peers and experts addressing urban challenges and transforming urban areas to sustainable and liveable places
- Co-creation: engage in interactive exercises to jointly reflect on how urban actors such as local administration, municipalities, business, researchers, social innovators and inhabitants can be enabled to drive transformations
- Networking: You are welcome to connect to the AGORA community, the network of urban actors maintained by JPI Urban Europe.
Workshop Registration: Driving Urban Transition towards Sustainable Futures in Africa
Join the DUT Workshop on Urban Transition towards Sustainable Futures in Africa!