The majority of JPI Urban Europe supported research- and innovation projects formulate evidence-based policy recommendations in different forms: written briefs, methods, videos, tools and more. Together they make suggestions for which urban transitions that needs targeting, why, and the pathways to realise them. Below are a few examples that have been put forward by both supported projects across calls, and the JPI Urban Europe Stakeholder Involvement Platform AGORA. For more policy recommendations and project outputs, please visit the projects’ websites or contact us.
- Midterm valorization report from the call “Sustainable Urbanisation Global Initiative (SUGI) Food-Water-Energy Nexus” (2020)
- Co-Creation of Public Open Places. Practice – Reflection – Learning (2020)
Chapter: Are Urban Living Labs the new normal in co-creating places? By Jonas Bylund, Johannes Riegler, Caroline Wrangsten (JPI Urban Europe). In: Smaniotto Costa, C., Mačiulienė, M., Menezes, M. & Goličnik Marušić, B. (Eds.) (2020). “Co-Creation of Public Open Places. Practice – Reflection – Learning”. C3Places Project. Lisbon: Lusófona University Press. ISBN 978-989-757-125-1.- The publication is part of the C3places project funded by JPI Urban Europe. C3places developed strategies and tools to increase the quality of public open spaces through Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) by influencing co-creation and social cohesion effects. The publication can be understood as evidence base for planners and policy makers.The publication can be understood as evidence base for planners and policy makers.
Access to JPI Urban Europe’s policy conference ‘Stepping up the Game – Driving Urban Transitions’
On 12 November 2020 the fifth JPI Urban Europe Policy Conference was organised, this year fully online. Close to 500 participants from 40 countries joined the conferencce with representatives from among others cities, regions, the EU Green Deal and the Leipzig charter.
- Over 25 policy recommendations by projects supported in ERA-NET Cofund Smart Urban Futures (ENSUF) 2020
This overview of about 25 collected policy recommendations from supported projects in ENSUF is about:
– Urban growth and decline: #ShrinkingCities, #IndustrialTowns, #Migration and #UrbanManufacturing
– Flood Resilient Cities: #FloodPrevention, #FloodGovernance and #CitizenScience
– Improving urban neighbourhoods: #SocialHousing, #UrbanIntermediaries, #PublicSpace and #LibrariesENSUF projects involved in this publication: SoHoLab, GLIMER, Cities of Making, 3S Recipe, BRIGHT FUTURE, FLOODLABEL, FloodCitiSense, LOOPER, SmartUrbI, C3Places, PLACED, CAPA.CITY.The report inspire to look at interrelated urban challenges through the lens of urban dilemmas.
- Unfolding Dilemmas of Urban Public Spaces – Recommendations by JPI Urban Europe’s AGORA 2020
This policy brief provides breaks down the complexity of the development and maintenance of public urban spaces into ‘bite-sized chunks’: a selected number of dilemmas which is not exhaustive of all issues and concerns. These chunks are to be seen as entry points for urban policy makers, practitioners, civil society organisations, the research community and all other urban actors. The report inspire to look at interrelated urban challenges through the lens of urban dilemmas. The chapters cover: Nature-based solutions, gender equality, inclusive design for safe neighbourhoods, processes for temporary use and co-creation, energy transitions, and more.
- Projects Results Catalogues
You can access the results catalogues from a variety of calls in our Library.
Learn about the success factors and challenges from over 28 districts working to develop and maintain positive energy districts.
- Booklet of Positive Energy Districts (PEDs): “Europe towards positive energy districts” 2020
Learn about the success factors and challenges from over 28 districts working to develop and maintain positive energy districts. Explore the recommendations, enablers and guiding principles for local energy transitions.
- Policy recommendations for government use of social media for collaboration with citizens – by the SmartGov project
- Residential Segregation Levels across Europe: Innovative Methods show new Results – by the ResSegr project
- The role of municipalities in Urban Living Labs – by the GUST project
- The potential of shared mobility services: policy recommendations for urban planners and operators – by the E4 Share project