Upcoming Urban Lunch Talks
We are currently planning the Urban Lunch Talks webinars for 2020. Wish to contribute? Any questions? Let us know! You can also nominate guests to the Urban Lunch Talks webinars. Who would you like to hear speak and about what? Drop us an e-mail marked “Guest nomination” to email@example.com at any time. In the meanwhile, you can mark you calendars with these preliminary dates and await registration:
- Episode 11: 6 March 2020, 1pm- 2pm
Innovative governance after the 10th World Urban Forum: How can local authorities benefit from rethinking governance?
Register here, more info will follow.
- Episode 12: 16 April 2020, 1pm- 2pm
Urban design and the food-water-energy nexus: How can the liveable and healthy city be achieved in the new decade?
- Episode 13: 21 May 2020, 1pm- 2pm
Liveability, resilience, placemaking and AI: Should cities go “back to basics?
- Episode 14: 11 June 2020, 1pm- 2pm
Transformation Capacities in the Urban (Nexus): Which are the key capacities for local authorities to succeed in urban transformation?
- Episode 15: 8 October 2020, 1pm- 2pm
Moving beyond the smart city: What are the benefits of re-thinking smart city strategies?
- Episode 16: 3 December 2020, 1pm- 2pm
Driving Urban Transitions: How can local authorities move towards integrated, green, just and productive urban areas?
The Urban Lunch Talks- participants from 25+ countries
The aim is to spark action for co-creation of knowledge between a diversity of actors and to communicate and make sense of innovative research results. In general lunch talks, the talking points tend to arise at the table. Therefor, we have chosen to provide a discussion framework (inspired by the SRIA 2.0) for each of these webinars, but the final content depends on what you, as a participant, bring to the table. You can listen to the invited guests, and participate using the chat, the Q&A function and by voting in polls. The Urban Lunch Talks pilot series introduced the dilemma-driven approach to urban development and innovation and attracted participants in Europe and beyond. Just like in our Agora, the Urban Lunch Talks are a meeting space for urban actors with various backgrounds. Urban transition pathways emerge in the integration of diverse knowledges. Bring yours!
Listen to previous talks
All Urban Lunch Talks webinars are available in a playlist on our Youtube channel.
- Episode 1: Inclusive Public Space for Urban Liveability- the dilemma
- Episode 2: Digital Transitions in Urban Governance- the dilemma
- Episode 3: From Urban Resilience to Robustness- the dilemma
- Episode 4: Sustainable Land-use and Urban Infrastructure- the dilemma
- Episode 5: Towards Positive Energy Districts– Defining a framework
- Episode 6: From Project Partners to Synergy Soulmates – A talk about integrated approaches in urban transitioning
- Episode 7: From Test to Success – A talk about how to take Urban Living Labs and experimental approaches to its “2.0”…
- Episode 8: From Public Space to Liveability Case – A talk about doing business as (un)usual for liveable urban public space…
- Episode 9: From Partnering Globally to Thriving Locally – A talk about having liveable cities rule the world (together)…
- Episode 10: From Project Fraction to Synthesis Action
– A talk about using strategic synthesis as instrument in urban transitioning…
For all issues regarding the Urban Lunch Talks webinars, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org