In spring 2021 we welcomed you to a series of Urban Lunch Talks based around the themes of the three Driving Urban Transitions Pillars. We now shift focus to the second part of this important partnership’s name: “Sustainable futures”. What will they look and be like, based on the latest research and innovation knowledge?
Episode 19: Envisioning a sustainable future: When 15 min cities are realised in China and Europe (27 January 2022 – 8:00 am – 9:30 am CET). Read more.
Episode 20: Envisioning a sustainable future: When urban transitions have succeeded (April 2022)
Episode 21: Envisioning a sustainable future: When urban experimentation is the new normal (June 2022)
Episode 22: Envisioning a sustainable future: When urban Africa leads the way (September 2022)
Episode 23: Envisioning a sustainable future: When your city is regenerative (October 2022)
Make sure the invitations reach you, register to our quarterly newsletter.
Listen to previous episodes
All Urban Lunch Talks are available in a playlist on our Youtube channel.
- Episode 18: 15-minute Cities – Do’s, Don’ts and Dilemmas (May 2021)
- Episode 17: Urban Greening and Circularity Transitions – The Do’s, Don’ts and Dilemmas (April 2021)
- Episode 16: Positive Energy Districts – The Do’s, Don’ts and Dilemmas (March 2021)
- Episode 15: Taking action in capacity building for sustainable futures (December 2020)
- Episode 14: Taking action on the public space dilemma- Liveability, placemaking and AI… should cities go “back to basics”? (2020)
- Episode 13: Taking action on the resilience-robustness dilemma: Is it time to move beyond the smart city- what is it like over there? (2020)
- Episode 12: Taking action on the land-use and infrastructure dilemma – Urban design and the food-water-energy nexus: How will the liveable and healthy city be achieved in the new decade?(2020)
- Episode 11: Innovative governance after the 10th World Urban Forum – How can local authorities benefit from rethinking governance? (2020)
- Episode 10: From Project Fraction to Synthesis Action – A talk about using strategic synthesis as instrument in urban transitioning… (2020)
- Episode 9: From Partnering Globally to Thriving Locally – A talk about having liveable cities rule the world (together)… (2019)
- Episode 8: From Public Space to Liveability Case – A talk about doing business as (un)usual for liveable urban public space… (2019)
- Episode 7: From Test to Success – A talk about how to take Urban Living Labs and experimental approaches to its “2.0”… (2019)
- Episode 6: From Project Partners to Synergy Soulmates – A talk about integrated approaches in urban transitioning (2019)
- Episode 5: Towards Positive Energy Districts– Defining a framework (2019)
- Episode 4: Sustainable Land-use and Urban Infrastructure- the dilemma (2019)
- Episode 3: From Urban Resilience to Robustness- the dilemma (2019)
- Episode 2: Digital Transitions in Urban Governance- the dilemma (2018)
- Episode 1: Inclusive Public Space for Urban Liveability- the dilemma (2018)
Participants from 45 countries and 6 continents
These webinars have since 2018 attracted innovators, practitioners and researchers from 45 countries. Episode #14 alone had registrants from 39 different countries. The aim of the Urban Lunch Talks is to spark action for cooperation of and knowledge exchange between a diversity of actors. Here, we communicate and make sense of innovative R&I project results. In general lunch talks, the talking points tend to arise at the table. Therefor, we have chosen to provide a discussion framework (inspired by the SRIA 2.0) for each of these webinars, but the final content depends on what you, as a participant, bring to the table. You can listen to the invited guests and participate using the chat, the Q&A function and by voting in polls. The Urban Lunch Talks pilot introduced the dilemma-driven approach to urban development and innovation. Similar to the Agora, the Urban Lunch Talks are a meeting space for urban actors with various backgrounds since urban transition pathways emerge in the integration of diverse knowledges. Bring yours!
A dilemma-driven approach to urban research- and innovation
The Urban Lunch Talks by JPI Urban Europe depart from a dilemma-driven approach to urban issues. You can read more here
Nominate a guest
You can nominate guests to the Urban Lunch Talks webinars. Who would you like to hear speak and about what? Has your project delivered some interesting results which you think can be promoted through dialouge? Drop us an e-mail marked “Guest nomination” to email@example.com