Upcoming Urban Lunch Talks
The Urban Lunch Talks has since 2019 attracted participants from 35+ different countries and 6 continents. In the 2020 edition, we dive deeper into the four urban dilemmas addressed in the SRIA 2.0 and the Urban Lunch Talks pilot and carve out what bits need particular attention and action in the new decade:
- Friday 5 June, 12.30- 14.00 CEST
Episode 13: Taking action on the resilience-robustness dilemma
Is it time to move beyond the smart city- what is it like over there?
> Read more and register
- Wednesday 24 June 2020, 12.30- 14.00 CEST
Episode 14: Taking action on the public space dilemma
Liveability, placemaking and AI… should cities go “back to basics”?
> Read more and register
- October 2020
Episode 15: Taking action on the governance dilemma
Which are the key capacities for local authorities to succeed in urban transformation?
- December 2020
Episode 16: Driving Urban Transitions
How do urban actors step up the game and realise integrated, green, just and productive urban areas?
Make sure the invitations reach you, register to our quarterly newsletter.
Nominate a guest
You can nominate guests to the Urban Lunch Talks webinars. Who would you like to hear speak and about what? Has your project delivered some interesting results which you think can be promoted through dialouge? Drop us an e-mail marked “Guest nomination” to email@example.com
Listen to previous talks- click the episode you would like to visit
All Urban Lunch Talks webinars are available in a playlist on our Youtube channel.
- Episode 1: Inclusive Public Space for Urban Liveability- the dilemma
- Episode 2: Digital Transitions in Urban Governance- the dilemma
- Episode 3: From Urban Resilience to Robustness- the dilemma
- Episode 4: Sustainable Land-use and Urban Infrastructure- the dilemma
- Episode 5: Towards Positive Energy Districts– Defining a framework
- Episode 6: From Project Partners to Synergy Soulmates – A talk about integrated approaches in urban transitioning
- Episode 7: From Test to Success – A talk about how to take Urban Living Labs and experimental approaches to its “2.0”…
- Episode 8: From Public Space to Liveability Case – A talk about doing business as (un)usual for liveable urban public space…
- Episode 9: From Partnering Globally to Thriving Locally – A talk about having liveable cities rule the world (together)…
- Episode 10: From Project Fraction to Synthesis Action – A talk about using strategic synthesis as instrument in urban transitioning…
- Episode 11: Innovative governance after the 10th World Urban Forum – How can local authorities benefit from rethinking governance?
- Episode 12: Taking action on the land-use and infrastructure dilemma – Urban design and the food-water-energy nexus: How will the liveable and healthy city be achieved in the new decade?
Participants from 35+ countries and 6 continents
The aim of the Urban Lunch Talks is to spark action for co-creation of knowledge between a diversity of actors and to communicate and make sense of innovative project results. In general lunch talks, the talking points tend to arise at the table. Therefor, we have chosen to provide a discussion framework (inspired by the SRIA 2.0) for each of these webinars, but the final content depends on what you, as a participant, bring to the table. You can listen to the invited guests, and participate using the chat, the Q&A function and by voting in polls. The Urban Lunch Talks pilot introduced the dilemma-driven approach to urban development and innovation and attracted participants in Europe and beyond. Just like in our Agora, the Urban Lunch Talks are a meeting space for urban actors with various backgrounds. Urban transition pathways emerge in the integration of diverse knowledges. Bring yours!
A dilemma-driven approach to urban research- and innovation
The Urban Lunch Talks by JPI Urban Europe depart from the dilemma-driven approach to urban issues. What does that mean? You can read more here.
For all issues regarding the Urban Lunch Talks webinars, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org